Sharing wifi passwords can come in handy when you are in a public/group and does not want anyone to hear it. Earlier people used to use third party software but thanks to the iOS 12 update, this feature has been added officially. Before doing this, please make sure that both the phones are iPhones and the iOS should be a minimum of 12 or above. Your Apple ID must be in the person’s phone to whom you are going to share the wi-fi password. In this article, we are going to explain in detail on how to share your Wi-Fi password on iPhone.
How to Share Wi-Fi password on iPhone:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap on the Bluetooth to turn it on. If the Bluetooth is On, then the slider will be in green colour.
- Go back to the settings and click on WiFi.
- Enable the WiFi to turn it on and tap on your WiFi network and enter the password to join the WiFi network.
- Now the person who needs the WiFi password needs to open settings on his phone.
- In case if you are trying to share a WiFi password on your Mac, the WiFi option will be on the top right corner of your screen. Click on that and join the network.
- Tap on WiFi and join the same network that the other iPhone is already connected to.
- Now when it asks for the password, don’t enter anything over there.
- Open WiFi on the phone which is being used to share the password.
- On the pop-up window, click on ‘Share password’. Make sure that the two iOS devices need to be within the Bluetooth range.
- Now the receiving phone will get the WiFi password immediately and will be able to connect to the WiFi network. Tap on Done.
Also Check: Dark Mode on MAC: Different Methods to Enable It
Things to do if Wi-Fi Sharing on iPhone is not working:
If you tried the above method and if you’re facing issues while sharing your WiFi password to your iPhone, follow the below steps to make it work.
- Restart both the iOS devices.
- Check if both the devices are updated with the latest software updates. If you are not sure where to check it, just open settings on your phone. Tap on General and then scroll down a bit. Now tap on Software Update. If you see the option to ‘Download and Install’ then your device is not updated with the latest software. Just install it and restart your device.
- Disconnect from the WiFi network you’re connected to. To do this, just open settings. and then tap on WiFi and then on the network name. Click on the ‘i’ letter icon and then click on ‘Forget this network’. After that just rejoin and same WiFi network and enter the WiFi password. After that you can share your wi-fi password from your iPhone to other iPhone user who was in Bluetooth range.
- If the WiFi sharing problem still persists even after trying the above two methods, reset the network settings on your iOS device. In order to do this, open Settings on your device and then click on General. Scroll down a bit and then tap on Reset and then tap on Reset network settings.
- Even now if the problem does not get resolved, then reset the router as the last option.
Hope we have covered everything about how to share Wi-Fi password on iPhone in detail. If you have any issues regarding the above article, just comment below your queries. We will get back to you with the solution as soon as possible.