When I was setting up my Automatic out-of-office reply in my Gmail account , i had to refer to many tutorials and blogs because there were not many blogs on it. And also they were not so clear. If you are looking to set up an auto-reply in Gmail, then you landed on the right page. Here in this article I will make sure you get a clear picture of the process to create an auto reply in Gmail account successfully.
Automatic out-of-office(OOO) replies are very useful as they will allow the sender to understand that you are not present at work and will get back as soon as you are back. So they will not wait and spend their time on something more productive. It will also save your time as you will not be getting calls from them to check their emails. As your automatic reply will already inform them that you are busy.
Automatic reply in Gmail Account
Also, email is an essential channel to send any formal or confidential information. So while working, we get many important attachments through email, and it is a nice way to let others know that you are not active at that time with this automatic reply feature. Many have started using this feature as soon as it was developed, and there is a reason why people continue using it in their official email accounts.
The good thing about automatic emails is that they are customizable. You can create it according to how you want to convey it and even mention the dates when you will be back to be more precise for the sender. Almost all the professionals and other businesses prefer to have Automatic replies when they are out of the office. I will tell you how to create it on desktop and create it by using mobile. Let us proceed further and understand the process to set up this for your account as well.
Steps to Create an Automatic Reply in Gmail account using your desktop:
- Open Gmail in the web browser and log in to your account
- You will see a settings icon on the right top corner, click on that icon, and you’ll get a few options.
- You will get options like Display density, themes, etc. among them, choose and tap on Settings.
- After selecting Settings, please scroll down to find Vacation responder, turn it on.
- Now select the dates on which you want to send the automatic replies. Or if you are sure about when you’ll return, then you need not select the days. The Automatic emails will be sent to everyone who sends an email to your account.
- After turning it on, Type the automatic message you want the senders to receive from your account when you are on vacation.
- Now verify the message and when you find it good, click on save changes.
You will also find a checkbox that says send a reply to only my contacts. And there is another option where you can choose people to whom this automatic reply should be sent. If you don’t select these options, then the automatic reply setup will be sent to everyone who sends you an email.
Steps to Create Gmail Auto Reply using your Mobile:
If you are out and want to create the Automatic reply and only Mobile is available with you, you need not panic. I will also explain to you how to create an Automatic reply setup using your mobile device. It is as simple as creating it using your desktop. Follow the process that I mention below to create the Automatic reply easily.
- Download the Gmail app from the Google play store or app store. If you already have an app login into your account using the credentials.
- After you log in to your account, you will find an icon with three dots on the top left corner of your screen. Click on that.
- You will find many options once you select the icon now. At the bottom of the list, you will see the setting option. Select the option.
- You will see all your logged-in emails at the top of the screen. Select an account for which you want to set up the automatic reply.
- After selecting the account, scroll to the General section and click on vacation responder.
- Tap the slider beside the vacation responder to enable the option and turn it on.
- Now select the dates from when you want to send the Automatic replies. You can click on none on the last date if you want to turn off the automatic reply set up automatically.
- Now type the message you want to respond to the sender when you are out of the office or during a vacation.
- Verify the message and click on if you are using android or click on save if you are using iOS. You will find these options on the top right corner of the screen.
- Below the message you typed as an automatic reply, you will also find a slider that says “send only to my contacts”. If you enable that, then the Automatic reply will be sent to your contacts when they email you. If not, the automatic reply will go to everyone who emails you. You can choose it based on your wish.
You can always edit and modify the automatic reply email that you created in your gmail account. Now that you know the process, what are you waiting for? Try creating the Automatic vacation reply set up in your gmail account to look more professional :). I hope this blog has given you complete information about the process you are looking for and made it easy for you to create it on your own. Let me know if you found it easy or difficult following the process while setting it up through comments.