Where do we start? From explaining about Chromecast? or explaining about Resetting the Chromecast. If you are here, I am sure you would be using Chromecast already and are probably facing some issues with it. But, if you are someone here looking to know about Chromecast, don’t worry. I’ll start with briefly introducing what it is and how it is used, before coming to the main topic, How to reset Chromecast. Stick with the blog until the end to know the complete details about Chromecast as I will explain what it is, How you should use it, and different ways to reset the Chromecast Device. Without further delay, let us get started.
Reset Chromecast Device – Step By Step Process
What is a Chromecast Device?
Chromecast Device helps you to stream the content from your computer or your phone onto the big screen. There are no subscription fees as such, that you have to pay to use a Chromecast. You have to plug it into any monitor or TV with an HDMI port. It provides a better view and feel of whatever content you are watching. Usually, a good Chromecast’s s price ranges between 1000-3000 depending on what kind of quality and features you are looking for.
How to reset Chromecast Device?
Sometimes, you might have to reset your Chromecast Device. When it isn’t working properly, you will not cast content from your Device (phone, tablet, or system). You can fix it by resetting it, which will restore it to factory settings and will refresh the Device. So, by resetting your Chromecast Device, you can use it again like it is new. Let us see different ways how you can reset it. I will explain two ways to do this. One is by using the reset button, and another method is by using Google Home App.
Compared to the other way, this is an easier and quicker process to reset your Chromecast device. Here is the process to do that.
- First, check the model you are using. If you are using the second or third-generation model Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra, you will see the reset button on the side of Device,
- Hold down the button till the LED on the Device stops blinking orange and turns to white color.
- If you are using the Chromecast model of the first generation, you will find the reset button on the back of the streaming device.
- Hold down the button till the light on the Device begins flashing.
- Usually, it takes around 20-25 seconds, and you have to hold it down the whole time.
- Next, you have to disconnect the USB power cable for a few seconds.
- After a while, 30 seconds, you can reconnect the USB power cable to the Chromecast device. This will automatically reset your Device.
How to reset from Google Home App:
You can also reset your Chromecast Device using the Google Home app on your tablet or phone. Here is the process you have to follow to do this.
- First, make sure that your tablet or Mobile Device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which the Chromecast device is connected.
- Install the Google Home app on your mobile or tablet. You can either download the application from the Google play store if you are using Android, or you can download it from the App Store if you are using iOS. It is available for free.
- Open the app on your Device, here you can control your Chromecast device.
- Tap on the Chromecast device. At the bottom of your application home screen, you can see all the Google Home devices.
- After selecting the right Device, click on the settings option visible in the right top corner of the screen.
- Under settings, you can see many options like Time format, Time zone, etc. Among them, tap on the Factory reset Device.
- Now you can start using the Chromecast device like the new one.
This is all you need to know about resetting your Chromecast device. Once you reset it, you should be able to use it for many years without it giving any trouble, but if it is having issues with casting quite often, then it is time for you to purchase a new one and replace it. There are also other ways you can reset it but these are two ways I usually prefer as they are much more easy comparatively.
If you don’t want to make more efforts by installing the app then you can go with the first method itself, else if you already have the Google Home App or want to try it then you can follow the second method which is resetting your Chromecast using the Google Home App. I hope this blog provided you with information regarding the factory reset of your Chromecast Device. Through comment, let me know how this blog was helpful and if you know any easy ways to reset the Chromecast device.