Malware attacks have become common nowadays, and almost everyone might have experienced them at least once. Have you ever encountered a “pornographic virus” from Microsoft on your computer? It hijacks your web browser to steal your information, and you can also call it a way of hacking. It accomplishes this by locking your browser window in full-screen mode and displays fake Microsoft support popup notifications. On the other hand, these popup messages are from scammers attempting to fool you into giving them access to your computer. Here is the step by step guide on how to remove Pornographic Virus alert on Microsoft.
Remove Pornographic Virus alert from Microsoft
They can steal your information or force you to pay money to remedy the problem this way. So this is a kind of malicious virus that might affect your privacy and cause dis-functioning of your system. Whenever you face such issues, you cannot continue using the system. In this blog, I will mention how you can deal with such pornographic virus Alerts, give the step-wise process about how you can remove such virus and the reset process after that. Let’s get started.
Step-wise process to remove the Pornographic virus alert from Microsoft:
One quick step you can follow is to close your web browser. But you cannot close your browser as the Virus Alert from Microsoft will not allow you to close the browser, so click the Ctrl+ALT+DEL keys on your keyboard to close the browser window. Then click on the task manager to see the list of applications, select your browser from that list and click on the end task, which you can see in the right bottom corner of the window screen. Now once refresh your system and try removing the malicious program that might be installed. Below are the steps o follow to remove any program that is causing viruses in your system
Step By Step Process
- Click on the magnifying glass visible on the bottom left corner of your system screen.
- In the search box, type the control panel and click on the app to open it.
- You will get the list of options such as Hardware and sound, Network and Internet, System and security, etc., among those you can find an option Programs, and below that you can see “Uninstall a program” Click on the link.
- If you don’t find the option in the page, you can see a drop down menu on the top-right corner next to the View in the corner of the screen. Then click on it, and you select the category from the drop down options.
- You will get a list of all the programs on your system, identify the malicious programs and uninstall it. You can uninstall it by right-clicking on the program and selecting the Uninstall option.
- If you fail to recognize if the program is malicious, you can make use of some third-party sites like should remove it, etc. you can type the program name in the search bar, and this site will tell you if the program is harmful or not.
- So, after checking it, you can click on the uninstall option to remove the program from your system. After uninstalling, run a virus check on your computer to see any harmful programs left.
- To run a virus scan, click on the windows start menu and type Virus & threat protection. Click on the app to open it.
- You can see a start actions option. Click on it. If there is any program that windows identify in your system, you can see it under the current threats. If there are no such programs, you can skip to the next step.
- Select the option, Quick scan, and this will allow windows to scan your system for any malicious files. If it shows any such files, remove them and then reset your browser settings so that you will not face this issue again.
I will explain how you can reset the Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox browsers settings.
Reset Mozilla Firefox setting – remove pornographic virus
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser and then click on the three lines icon on the screen’s top-right corner.
- You will get a drop down option and select the Help option, which is right above the Exit.
- Now you can see other options such as Firefox tour, Import from other browsers, etc. Click on troubleshooting information.
- On the top right corner of the window screen, you will see a give Firefox a tune-up option. Under that, click on the refresh Firefox button.
- It will give a popup to refresh Firefox or cancel it. Click on Refresh Firefox.
- And after the process, click on the finish.
Reset Microsoft Edge browser settings
- Click on the search button on your screen to open the windows search bar. You will find this icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type Apps & features and click on the app to open.
- Under that, you can see Microsoft edge and click on the Advanced option right under the Microsoft Edge.
- Now you get different options like terminate, repair, reset. Click on the reset option.
- You will get a popup notification asking if you want to reset the program. Click on the reset option from the popup.
- Restart the system before using it, after you reset the Microsoft Edge browser.
Reset Chrome browser settings
- Open the Chrome browser in your system and click on the three dots on the right top corner of the window screen to open the Chrome menu.
- From the drop down, select settings and scroll down till you find an option called advanced.
- Click on advanced, which you can find in the left top corner sidebar menu or at the bottom of the window screen.
- Under Reset and clean up, click on restore settings to their original defaults option and click on reset settings from the popup you get.
If you are still facing the malicious virus issue after you remove the virus and resetting the browser, try contacting support to help you solve the problem. It is always better to avoid such a virus rather than wasting your time trying to solve it. I hope this article about removing the pornographic virus alert from your system has helped you with removing the virus from your system. Let me know in the comments session if there are any more easy ways to remove the Pornographic Virus Alert from Microsoft.