Google Assistant for PC / Laptop: Google Assistant is a voice-based assistant developed by Google. It can be used on multiple Google devices like Google Home or any other smartphone device. This virtual assistant is only available for devices that run on Android Lollipop and the later released versions. You can not run directly Google assistant on your Windows device. However, do not worry, in this article we are going to explain in detail about how to install Google Assistant on your Windows device.
Google Assistant for PC / Laptop – Install & Use on Windows 7,8,10
Google Assistant System requirements:
Before installing Google Assistant, make sure that your device will have the minimum system requirements. Below are the minimum requirements require to get google assistant for pc windows 10:
- Your device should be running on minimum 5.0 or higher.
- The Google app version installed on your device should have at-least 6.13 or higher version.
- 1 GB of memory required.
- Make sure that Google play services is installed on your device.
- Your device language should be set to one of the following languages. They are Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Thai.
If your device meets the above system requirements, then you are good to install Google assistant on your device. As we mentioned earlier, you cannot install Google assistant directly on your Windows device. For that, you need to install an android emulator first. There are multiple android emulators available out there, but we recommend Bluestacks for this process. Bluestacks is the most trustworthy and based on our testing, Google assistant seems to work without any issues in that emulator.
How to install Google Assistant on your Windows:
This is the best way to use Google Assistant on your Windows. We are going to explain the whole process in a simple way so that you do not get confused.
Installing Google Assistant on Windows:
Follow the below steps to install Google Assistant on your Windows device.
- Download the Bluestacks app on your device. Here is the download link for that – BlueStacks. Note that the file size will be around 400 mb.
- Once the download is completed, open the download folder on your device and double click on the app in order to launch it.
- Incase if you are using SSD based devices, then you can chose to create a new folder for the program files and all to be stored. Incase if you do not want to create a separate folder, then Windows by default will store all the files in the program files folder.
- Once the installation of the app is completed, double click on the Bluestacks icon on the desktop to open it.
- If you are using computer, then make sure that any headphones or speaker is connected to it. Incase if you are using laptop, then no worries. There will be inbuilt speaker already in your laptop.
- In the open page you will be asked to login with your Google account. Enter your id and password here.
- Now on the homepage, click on the Google play store icon to launch it.
- In the search box, enter ‘Google’ and install it. You need to install Google play services app as well.
- After you are done with installing both the apps, open the BlueStacks Android settings. Just swipe down from the top of interface of the app and you will be able to see the settings icon.
- Click on the Apps section.
- Now scroll down a little bit and you will find Google app. Click on it.
- Click on the permissions option and make sure that you gave permissions to all the required services. This includes location, calendar, camera, contacts, Microphone, phone, SMS and storage. All these permissions are required for the smooth working of the Google Assistant app.
- After you are done with enabling all the permission return to the BlueStacks home page.
- Now download the Google Assistant APK. Here the link to it. Google Assistant APK.
- After the download is completed, open the downloads folder and locate the Google assistant APK there.
- Now drag and drop the Apk onto the BlueStacks window. This will automatically prompt the installing process on BlueStacks app.
- After the app is installed on BlueStacks app, restart it.
- When the BlueStacks app is reopened, open the Google Play store and click on the menu icon. Incase if you do not recognise it, it is the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the app.
- Click on My games and app and check if there are any pending updates available. If there are any, immediately update them.
- Return to the BlueStacks home page and click on the Google assistant icon to launch it.
- Now you are ready to use the Google assistant on your Windows device whenever you want.
BlueStacks system requirements
Incase if you are wondering if you system or laptop will be able to run the BlueStacks app smoothly, check for the below requirements.
- The OS of the system should be minimum Windows 7.
- Intel or AMD processor will work fine.
- Your system should have at least 2 GB ram.
- Make sure that there is 4GB HDD space available.
- It will only work if you install it on the Administrator profile.
- Graphic and other system updates should be up to the date.
The above requirements are the minimum in order for the Google assistant to work. But if you want the Google assistant work smoothly, then note that the system requirements should be higher than the ones mentioned above.
If you have any doubts regarding the installation process of BlueStacks or Google Assistant app, then please do let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you as soon as possible with the best solution available.