How to Enable Dark Mode / Night Mode on MAC Book
If you are someone who works a lot at night or the over usage of your laptop is causing strain to your eyes, then the dark mode is for you. It’s been a long time since Dark mode has arrived on MAC Book. People who love to use the dark mode are already in love with the MacBook dark mode because of how perfect this integration is. This mode was first introduced with the Mojave operating system. Changing to the dark mode is an easy task and does not require much of technical knowledge. In this article, we will explain to you about the different ways about how to use dark mode / night mode on Mac.
Turning on Mac dark mode be done in multiple ways like while installing the macOS or changing in the settings. You just need to make sure that your Mac OS is configured with Mojave 10.4 or later.
Turn on Dark mode on Mac using Siri:
Follow the below steps in order to turn on Dark mode on your Mac using Siri.
- If you want to turn on Dark mode, you just need to use a command such as “Turn on dark mode” by activating Siri.
- If you want to turn off Dark mode, you just need to use the command such as “Turn off dark mode” or “Turn on light mode” by activating Siri.
Enable Night Mode On MacBook using Settings:
Follow the below steps in order to turn on MacBook Night mode with settings.
- On the top left corner of your screen, you will find the Apple logo. Click on it and tap on ‘System preferences’
- On the top left corner of your screen, click on the General option.
- On the top of the General settings, you will be able to see two options in the “Appearance settings”. One is light mode and another is dark mode. Select the dark mode.
- Now, dark mode is enabled on your computer. Just close all the windows.
- In case if you want to get back to the light mode, just follow the above steps and chose light mode instead of dark mode in the appearance settings.
Turn on MacBook Dark Theme using Control Center:
Follow the below steps to turn on Mac dark theme using Control center:
- On the top right corner of your home screen, you will be able to see Control center icon. It is shaped in two pills.
- Click on it. Now, expand the display option by clicking the arrow which is located at the top right corner.
- Now, you will be able to see three options which are ‘Dark mode off, Night shift on until sunrise and true tone on. Just click on the dark mode to turn it on.
- Incase if you want the dark mode to turn it off, just follow the above steps and click on ‘Dark mode off’ option.
How To Turn of Dark Mode on Mac :
Disabling night mode on Mac is very simple as reversing the steps you followed to enable it. Instead of selecting Dark, simply select Light instead. In later versions of mac OS — Catalina and beyond — you can select Auto and then Dark Mode is toggled automatically, it will automatically turn on at sunset and off again at sunrise.
Hope we have covered everything in detail. In case if you have any doubts regarding the article, just comment below. We will get back to you with the solution as soon as possible.