Airpods have become a part of our lives. I don’t see anyone owning an iPhone that does not use AirPods. It is easy to use, carry anywhere, and even charge. Usually, the battery life of the first- and second-generation AirPods on a single charge lasts for around 5 hours while the user is listening to music and is 3 hours while having a phone conversation. If you own AirPods and want to know how to check their battery, then you are at the right place. In this blog, I will mention different ways on how you can check the battery of your AirPods.
On the other hand, AirPods Pro has a battery life of 4.5 hours and 3.5 while listening to music and talking time. So the average charge will be around 4 hours if you use it continuously. It simply takes 15 minutes to charge your AirPods for 4 hours of listening or conversation time. After 5 minutes of charging, in their case, AirPods Pro will give you an extra hour of talking or listening time. If you charge your AirPods or AirPods Pro in the case throughout the day, you can have up to 18 hours of talking time and 24 hours of listening time. But how do you check the battery of your AirPods? Well, people using AirPods for the first time might find it a bit challenging to understand how to know the AirPods battery, but it is not as difficult.
How to check Airpod Battery:
The followings are the ways to check your AirPods charge:
- Checking the AirPods battery using IPhone or IPad with a case
- Check AirPods battery using Mac
- Check the AirPods battery level without using case
Checking the AirPods battery using iPhone or IPad:
- Please turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone or IPad, Go to settings, and under setting click on Bluetooth and make sure that it is enabled. Now, pair up your AirPods to your Bluetooth network.
- Place your AirPods inside the case, close the case lid and move them near your iPhone or IPad. Move them as close as possible to work better and keep your iPhone or IPad turned on awake.
- Please wait for a few seconds and open the case and let it be near the device itself.
- Now you will see a popup in your device which shows the battery of the AirPods. It will show you the batteries of each airport separately. If it doesn’t show that way, you can also try this by removing one Airpod from the case. This will show you the battery of the Airpod that is inside the case.
- Note that the battery will not show if the AirPods are completely drained. And in case you are sure that they are not drained, and it is not showing the battery, then try closing and opening the case again or try reconnecting it to the network once more.
Checking the battery in your Mac system:
- As mentioned above, place your AirPods near your Mac and close the lid of the case.
- Then, in the top-right corner of your screen, click the Bluetooth logo. This is the symbol that resembles a capital “B” with two lines extending from the rear.
- If you don’t see this B symbol anywhere on the screen, click on the Apple icon on the top left corner and, under the Apple icon, there is a menu of options, from which you can select System Preferences.
- Then, at the bottom of the window, pick the Bluetooth icon and check the box next to Show the Bluetooth option in the menu bar.
- Then, from the list, choose your AirPods. If your AirPods aren’t listed, close your case and press and hold the setup button on the rear until the light on the front or inside of the case begins to blink. Also, ensure your AirPods are not connected to any other devices.
- Now open the case lid, and you can see the battery level of the AirPods under their names.
Also Check: Dark Mode on MAC: Different Methods to Enable It
Checking the AirPods battery without using the case:
- Open your Bluetooth settings, connect your AirPods to your device’s Bluetooth, and make sure they are connected.
- Now open your IPhone and tap and hold anywhere at a blank space on the screen now all the app icons visible on the screen will jiggle.
- On the top left corner of your device’s screen, you will see a + icon. Click on that icon.
- You will get many options on the menu. Among them, scroll down and choose batteries.
- After that, select a widget size. By swiping to the left, you can select a small square, a long rectangle, or a huge square widget and add this widget by tapping on it.
- Rearrange the widget on your home screen after that. If your home screen already has widgets of the same size, you can drag them together on top of each other. Alternatively, you can add your widget on any of your home screens.
- On the top right corner, you will see a done option. Click on that. Now you can check the battery level of your AirPods on your devices whenever it is connected without using the case.
These are the ways you can check your AirPods battery level. You can also check it without making use of any iPhone, Mac etc. But It will not give you the exact battery of your AirPods. You can just get an estimate. Remove your AirPods from the case and open it to get an estimate of the battery level within. Then look for the status light, which can be found on the front or within the casing. Your case is charged if the status indicator is green. If it’s amber, there’s only one charge left in your case. I hope this blog helped you in understanding how you can check your AirPods battery level. Let me know through comments.