By now, everyone might have used Alexa for some other reason. Do you know that you can also change the voice, accent, and language settings in the virtual assistant Alexa? You can even use celebrity voices, and you can change it in whatever language you want it to be. It doesn’t matter if you use Amazon Echo devices regularly or are not a big fan of those, but it would be helpful to know how to change the settings.
Apart from just changing the voice or language there is more amazing stuff you can do. Things like making Alexa whisper etc. Aren’t you excited? I know you are. Stick with this blog by iexplorefacts till the end to know what you can do and how you can play with different features available in Alexa that you might not know. We will see all the features and how you can enable them one by one. Let us get started.
How to change Alexa Accent, Voice and Language:
The list of features that I will be explaining to you is as follows. You follow this step wise process to make changes to Alexa without facing any hurdles.
- How to change Alexa Voice and Language
- How to change Alexa’s Accent
- Guide to make Alexa Talk Faster/Slower
- How to make Alexa Whisper
- Change Alexa’s Voice to Celebrity.
How to change Alexa Voice and Language:
- Check if you have the Alexa app on your mobile. If you don’t have to download it from the app store or google play store, it is free. If you already have the app open it.
- At the bottom of the screen, there will be many options. You will see an option called More in the bottom right corner. The icon will be of three lines. Click on that icon.
- Now you will see a menu of options like Skills routines etc. among them, scroll down and select the settings option.
- Under settings, you will find Device settings, click on that, and you will see a list of Alexa devices.
- Select the Alexa device whose language you want to change. Now you will get a list of captions regarding that particular Alexa. Tap and choose the language settings. There are very limited English accents like Canada, Australia, India, etc which are available in the Alexa app. that you can choose from.
- Select the language you want to and tap on OK, you will see a popup, and when you click on OK again, it will change the language of your Alexa device. This might take a while before it changes the language.
How to change Alexa’s Accent:
Changing Alexa’s Accent is similar to changing its Language settings, but we cannot do both at a single time. You can only do one after another, so follow the similar process. The only difference between the two is that you have to choose the options related to accent. Also, note that not all Alexa devices support this feature. Echo smart speakers and such devices support this feature.
How to make Alexa talk faster/slower:
Alexa’s speed of speech can only be controlled through voice commands. For example, if you want to increase the talking speed of Alexa, you have to say, “Alexa, talk faster.” If you want to make Alexa talk slower, you have to say the command, “Alexa, talk slower.” By saying these, you can notice the difference in the talking speed of Alexa. If you want to keep the speed to default, say, “Alexa, go back to your default speed.” These are the different commands you can use to change the talking speed of your Alexa device. There are no app settings for this feature. You have to make use of the voice commands.
How to make Alexa whisper:
You can use both app settings or voice commands to use this feature. If you plan to use voice commands, you have to say, “Alexa, enable whisper mode.” And now Alexa will start the voice in whisper mode. You can also use app settings to enable this feature.
- Open the Alexa app and go to the More option that is below the screen on the right bottom. Click on the option and you will get a list of options.
- Among those options, choose the option settings, and under settings, choose voice responses.
- You will see a few checkboxes like brief mode and whisper mode; enable whisper mode and click on OK.
- Now you have successfully changed the Alexa to whisper mode, and you can notice the difference in a while.
How to change Alexa voice to a celebrity:
Alexa has a fun way to change its voice into any celebrity voice the users want. The process is simple. All you have to do to turn on this option is to follow the process.
- Open the Alexa app and click on the More option on the bottom right corner of the app screen, and then from the options available, click on Skills and Games.
- Now tap on the search bar, which is the icon with the magnifying glass in the Alexa app, type the celebrity you want in the box.
- Now you will see the different kinds of skills you can purchase in the app itself, select a skill you want, and tap on enable to use.
- There are many celebrity voices available such as Samuel L.Jackson, Gordon Ramsey, etc.
Apart from the features that I mentioned above, there are many more exciting features in the Alexa app that you can use to modify your Alexa. You can come across several options in the app that will make Alexa more fun when enabled. Do try and play with the app to understand all those amazing features that you can use. I have covered all the information regarding how you can change the language, accent, voice, and talking speed of Alexa. I hope this gives you the information about the basic process in modifying the speech of your Alexa device. Let me know how this blog was useful to you through comments.